The Arc of Kent County

for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities

Government & Financial Benefits


Social Security Benefits: We can help apply for benefits from The Social Security Administration. If you are already receving benefits and need help managing your money or paying your bills, we can act as your Representative Payee. This means we can receive your Social Security benefits and maek sure that all of your bills, especially rent, is paid in full and on time each month.

Medicaid: We can assist you in applying for Medicaid and offer information on other programs and services through Michigan Department of Human Services, such as Food Stamps or Adult Home Services.

Mental Health Services: We can help apply for services through Network 180, the Community Mental Health agency, such as staffing to help you in your home or in the communty. Other services which may be available to you include help finding a job, transportation, therapies, and modifications to make your home accessible. 


If you would like more information about these benefits, or would like to meet with someone for help applying, please call our office at 616-459-3339.