The Arc of Kent County

for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities

Family Members

How can The Arc help?


I need an advocate for my child.

The Arc Kent County provides special education resources and advocacy through Michigan Alliance for Families. If you have questions regarding your child's IEP or 504 Plan, the school's responsibilities, or would like an advocate, please contact our Parent Mentor, Katie Meyering, at 616-459-3339. 


I need help with estate planning.

We offer information and referrals for help with estate planning or special needs trusts. Please contact our office at 616-459-3339 or for more information.


We can offer information and support in other areas as well. Please do not hesistate to contact our office with questions regarding transitioning, hiring staff, navigating the system, or other areas. We will do our best to provide you with the correct information and/or refer you to another agency.