How can The Arc help?
I need an advocate.
The Arc Kent County can assist in advocating for individuals to ensure that they are receiving appropriate services in educucation, healthcare, housing, employment, case management, recreation, and other areas of life. If you need assistance in any of these areas, please call our office at 616-459-3339 to discuss your situation and speak with an advocate.
I want to get involved in my community.
The Arc Kent County can help connect individuals with disabilities to activities in their own community through our Community Participation Initiative (CPI). Individuals meet briefly with the CPI coordinator to discuss areas of interest and the coordinator then works with area organizations to find the best fit. For more information, contact Jackie Lambrecht at 616-459-3339.
I want to become a self-advocate.
The Arc Kent County hosts the Region 3 RICC (Regional Inclusive Community Coalition) Coordinator. These grassroots groups are made up of people with developmental disabilities, friends, and family, and work to provide a forum for local issues and advocate for needed changes in the community. For more information on the RICC, visit our page or contact Patt Clement at 616-459-3339.
We can also help you become a Local Leader, through Michigan Partners for Freedom. If you'd like to help spread the word about self-determination, give us a call at 616-459-3339.
I need help with...
- Social Security -- We can assist you in applying for social security benefits, or if you are already receving benefits, we can act as your representative payee.
- Medicaid -- We can also assist you in applying for Medicaid and offer information on other programs and services through the Michigan Department of Human Services.
- Mental Health Services -- We can assist in applying for services through Network 180, the Community Mental Health Agency.
- Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA) -- If you are receiving social security benefits and wondering about the impact of work on your benefits, we can help you understand and manage your benefits.
- Self-Determination & Hiring my own Staff -- We can help you understand how self-determination works, and the process to hire your own staff.