The Arc of Kent County

for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities

People with Disabilities

How can The Arc help?


I need an advocate.

The Arc Kent County can assist in advocating for individuals to ensure that they are receiving appropriate services in educucation, healthcare, housing, employment, case management, recreation, and other areas of life. If you need assistance in any of these areas, please call our office at 616-459-3339 to discuss your situation and speak with an advocate.

I need help with...

  • Social Security -- We can assist you in applying for social security benefits, or if you are already receving benefits, we can act as your representative payee. 
  • Medicaid -- We can also assist you in applying for Medicaid and offer information on other programs and services through the Michigan Department of Human Services.
  • Mental Health Services -- We can assist in applying for services through Network 180, the Community Mental Health Agency.
  • Self-Determination & Hiring my own Staff -- We can help you understand how self-determination works, and the process to hire your own staff.